There are several types of ways to approach a poker game. One of these is the tight-aggressive style. This one in particular implies that you know yourself well as you must be the brave type of player with more grits in you than your opponents at the table. Check out these few steps:
- You should keep in mind the number of hands you played so far as in this way you can begin tighten up your game and to tighten up you have to play fewer hands. Your purpose here is to play even less than 15% of the hands you played so far. Try also to fold around 50% on the flop.
- There are 1326 distinct possible combinations of two hole cards from a standard 52-card deck to compose your starting hand in Texas Hold’em, but since suits have no relative value in poker, many of these hands are identical in value before the flop. So we can say that there are actually only 169 different two cards starting hand combinations. Choose around 25 starting hands inside this pool and stick to this number. It is important to lower the number of starting hands as compared to that you have started playing your poker game with. In this way you can keep the 15% pre flop target easily. For instance with blackjack hands in mind as reference the cards overall value should be 20 or 21 when you add up each card nominal value. In case your style of playing was too loose you should go for these hands and fold the ones that are fewer than 10. It is even a more tight style if you approach the poker game without calling a bet at all.
- At this point if you choose to play further your hand, then you should stick to the aggressive approach which leads to either raise the bet or place a good bet. It is essential at this point to well consider the position you have at the poker table because with a bad position you really must have a good hand to bet on. Otherwise your attitude must express self confidence while increasing the bluffing initiative.
- In case you are too worried about the hand you have then you shouldn’t engage yourself in a re-raising fight, keep yourself calm and simply fold.
- Many poker players of the aggressive type will more likely choose to go for bluffing. While this isn’t something that should rule your way of playing, you can try bluffing if you like. It is a way to add more aggressiveness to your already aggressive playing. However, you shouldn’t adopt this technique if you find yourself in a bad position at the poker table or against very loose players.
It is a common opinion that with a tight-aggressive style bluffing, opponents at the table tend to believe that you have a winning hand and usually turn fold their cards and this is definitely a move that makes you win the round.